Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MichaelGlennBrownJr MichaelGlennBrownJr is offline

Default PrintTickets for Word 2007

I have been unsuccessfully looking for a way to attach a Print Ticket ( see
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa907433.aspx ) to a OOXML .docx
file.

The description of a PrintTicket document says "A PrintTicket document can
be associated with a print job, a document, or a page within a document." I
would like to associate one with a .docx document.

Is there any online resource that talks about this (examples would be
helpful too)? If not, could anyone explain it?

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I didn't know anything about Print tickets before reading your message so
feel free to ignore what I say here. But the impression I have reading
through the MSDN documentation is that print tickets and the associated
interfaces are very much part of the Spooler/Printer driver area of Windows
and that when the MSDN library document says

"A PrintTicket document can
be associated with a print job, a document, or a page within a document."

it really means an XPS document. (It's always a problem interpreting
documentation ever since the XML world hijacked the term "document" to mean
"XML document")

Whether there is /also/ a mechanism for Word 2007 to output a print ticket
as it spools to either a printer or XPS format is, I think, another
question. My guess is "there isn't", but I really don't know.

Peter Jamieson

"MichaelGlennBrownJr" wrote
in message ...