Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ross

Default Quotation marks (") in tab delimeted file causes loss of formattin

Sorry if this topic has been covered before but it was too much work to
search through 79 pages of topics.

I have a data source that is tab delimeted and some of the text fields
contain " marks (8" diameter) and appear perfectly when viewed in Excel,
however when I perform the mailmerge all fields following the " are
concatenated together losing the tab delimeter up to the next occurrance of
the " character of the end of the merge line (whichever comes first)

I have tried inserting a \ prior to the " but the same thing happens. I have
tried changing the import data to comma delimeted and ' around every field
but the sroblem still happens.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.