Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Bill is offline

Default call outs

How do I anchor call outs so that they stay in the exact position where I
want them, even though I may need to continue amending parts of the
document. I find that call outs are moving when a document is re-opened
even after the document has been saved with everything where I want it.

Regards,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

All graphic elements in a Word document are "attached" to the text in some
way - either In Line with Text or Anchored to a paragraph as floating
objects. There's nothing but the text flow to carry them - "Page" is
non-existent. Have a look here for suggestions on how to better control the
objects, but shifting will still take place as further editing is done:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrawingGraphics.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones