Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Adding Text to a picture in Word 2003

I am trying to annotate a picture using text boxes and arrows.

First I select Insert File from file to insert the picture. No problem.

Next, I am trying to insert a text box onto the picture. I want to group
the picture with the text box.

If the picture is selected, then selecting the text box option from the
drawing menu, a border appears around the picture. If I start to typ, the
picture disappears.

I am having a problem selecting the picture and teh text box at the same
time. I got it to work once, but couldn't duplicate it.

Is there is a specific sequence I need to follow? This is one of those
things that drives me crazy because it shouldn't be this hard.
--
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would suggest adding the text to the photo in a photo editor than
inserting that into the Word doc.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bill" wrote in message
I am trying to annotate a picture using text boxes and arrows.

First I select Insert File from file to insert the picture. No
problem.

Next, I am trying to insert a text box onto the picture. I want to group
the picture with the text box.

If the picture is selected, then selecting the text box option from the
drawing menu, a border appears around the picture. If I start to typ, the
picture disappears.

I am having a problem selecting the picture and teh text box at the same
time. I got it to work once, but couldn't duplicate it.

Is there is a specific sequence I need to follow? This is one of those
things that drives me crazy because it shouldn't be this hard.
--
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Thanks, looks like I will be using Paint (I think that's all I have to choose
from).

Are you suggesting I use a photo editor because usign Word for this is such
a pain in the a_ _?
--
Bill

"Bill" wrote in message
I am trying to annotate a picture using text boxes and arrows.

First I select Insert File from file to insert the picture. No
problem.

Next, I am trying to insert a text box onto the picture. I want to group
the picture with the text box.

If the picture is selected, then selecting the text box option from the
drawing menu, a border appears around the picture. If I start to typ, the
picture disappears.

I am having a problem selecting the picture and teh text box at the same
time. I got it to work once, but couldn't duplicate it.

Is there is a specific sequence I need to follow? This is one of those
things that drives me crazy because it shouldn't be this hard.
--
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bo Bo is offline

If you set the text wrapping of the photo to something other than In Line
with Text or In Front of Text (double-click the photo Layout tab), you will
be able to then group the photo with a text box. For good measure, before
you group the two, send the text box to the front in the layer ordering
(right-click the textbox border Order Bring to Front for you in 2003 OR
right-click the textbox border Bring to Front in 2007).

Cheers

--
BO Haynes
Microsoft Master Instructor (MMI)

"Bill" wrote in message
I am trying to annotate a picture using text boxes and arrows.

First I select Insert File from file to insert the picture. No
problem.

Next, I am trying to insert a text box onto the picture. I want to group
the picture with the text box.

If the picture is selected, then selecting the text box option from the
drawing menu, a border appears around the picture. If I start to typ, the
picture disappears.

I am having a problem selecting the picture and teh text box at the same
time. I got it to work once, but couldn't duplicate it.

Is there is a specific sequence I need to follow? This is one of those
things that drives me crazy because it shouldn't be this hard.
--
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Well, it is for me - but for others, probably not. I'm just more likely to
do photo editing in a photo editing program. Right tool for the job, etc...

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

I swear that the people that write this software never have to use it. Also,
they must invent ways to complicate things.
--
Bill

"Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Adding a reference to text body with word 2003 Cashbackre Microsoft Word Help 2 March 4th 08 07:26 AM
Adding ms dos text with line breaks to word 2003 Justlu Microsoft Word Help 3 December 14th 06 12:51 AM
Adding a picture havenlad Page Layout 2 May 19th 06 02:57 PM
picture behind text word 2003 tikchye_oldLearner57 Microsoft Word Help 3 April 29th 06 03:01 AM
Is there a way of adding null alternative text in Word 2003? ATPO Microsoft Word Help 0 March 31st 06 10:11 AM