Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave W. Dave W. is offline

Default DOCX files won't print footnote graphics

I have a document that contains our logo in the footnote area. If I save it
as a ".DOCX" extension, the print-preview is correct, but any printer I
target, or if I try to publish it to a PDF file, the graphic in the footnote
is not included.

If I then re-save the file as a ".DOC" extension (instead of .DOCX), it
prints properly including publishing it to a PDF file.

I am using Word-2007 and the Word Options/Display/Print drawings created in
WORD" is selected. So is the "Print background colors and images".

Any ideas why these will not print or publish correctly when using a DOCX
extension?