Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C.R.

Default Add button to send document in email.

Is there a way to create a button that will automatically either send the
document in an email or run a macro that will???
Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Yes. I assume that you want a toolbar button, rather than a button that
actually appears within the document you want to send. You might try
recording a macro to do what you want, and see how far you get, then posting
back with any problems you encounter. (Tools - Macro - Record New Macro;
perform the action to send the message as an email; then test the macro;
then, if it works, use Tools - Customize - Commands - Macros to locate the
macro and drag it to a toolbar.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"C.R." wrote in message
Is there a way to create a button that will automatically either send the
document in an email or run a macro that will???

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

File send to mail recipient? There should already be a button for this on
the left of the standard toolbar.

C.R. wrote:
Is there a way to create a button that will automatically either send
the document in an email or run a macro that will???

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C.R.

Let me clerify what I am trying to do.

I am trying to create a form to give to managers in my company to fill
out for new personel. What I would like is have a button within that
form that they can simply click on when they have finished filling it
out and that will automatically send it out basically. I am aware of
the File - Send To option...but my boss wants a button...grrrrrr. And
I did try creating a macro, but I didn't have much luck with it.
Although, it was my first attempt, so I'm not really sure that I am
doing it right. But in any case, a macro wouldn't be a good idea anyway
since most systems have macros disabled.

C.R. wrote:
Is there a way to create a button that will automatically either send
the document in an email or run a macro that will???

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

OK give him a button. Add a new personal toolbar in the middle of the
document and drop the toolbar button on it