bb

Default I use Office XP and the spell checker doesn't work (it says it do.

XP spell checker just doesn't work.
garfield-n-odie

Hi, bb. Open the document that you can't spellcheck. Press Ctrl+A to select
all of the text. Click on Tools | Language | Set Language | choose your
language | uncheck the "Do not check spelling or grammar" and "Detect
language automatically" boxes | Default | OK. Press F7 to rerun spellcheck.

XP spell checker just doesn't work.

njgill

Thank you so much for having this information available here. I was about to
tear my hair out and wasn't willing to pay $$$ for directions that should
have been readily available and explained in the help manual. Why the heck
would they default a spell checker to not check the spelling and then hide
that from any reasonable search under the spelling and editing tab???

Thanks again.
Norene Gill

XP spell checker just doesn't work.

garfield-n-odie

Glad you found my suggestion helpful. "Do not check spelling" is
not the default setting, but users can choose it, and sometimes
if you cut and paste from someone else's Word document that has
this setting, it can "take over" your default setting.