Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Morrison Bob Morrison is offline

Default Lost Fax Icon from 2003 to 2007

I have just installed Word 2007 on my system today and I have lost the Fax
Icon that was on the 2003 version. The work around is to designate my
default printer as fax, I know that, but shouldn't there be a way, if not
forward, at least keeping to the previous version and letting me keep my fax
shortcut on the menu bar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
--
Yes there really is a Kalamazoo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was no fax icon in Word 2003 (unless you added it) and equally there
is none in Word 2007.
Word 2007 does not use Word 2003 toolbar modifications (though it will use
Word 2003 custom toolbars, if saved as an add-in - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm )

The simplest solution is to add a macro to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) -
see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for suitable code.