Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] brooke@sonic.net is offline

Default Eliminate first-page number in template

Thanks, all. I'm almost there. All I need to do now is eliminate
page numbering on the first page of the pleading template.

Different First Page eliminated not only the page number, but also
everything else.

Manually deleting the "1" also deleted all the other page numbers.
Ideas?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Different first page" is what you want. Just copy all the header/footer
content from the Header and paste it into the First Page Header, then delete
the page number from the First Page Header.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
Thanks, all. I'm almost there. All I need to do now is eliminate
page numbering on the first page of the pleading template.

Different First Page eliminated not only the page number, but also
everything else.

Manually deleting the "1" also deleted all the other page numbers.
Ideas?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On Oct 29, 2:12*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
"Different first page" is what you want. Just copy all the header/footer
content from the Header and paste it into the First Page Header, then delete
the page number from the First Page Header.

Thanks for your help, Suzanne, but I'm still not there. I can't seem
to select the info I want. Maybe it's associated with the header/
footer, but not within them. The items I need to copy are twin
vertical lines about 1" from the left edge, and line vertical line
numbering.

The numbers I can select (editable border box), but not copy.

The lines seem to be a graphic that replicates on each page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On Oct 30, 11:51*am, wrote:
On Oct 29, 2:12*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Different first page" is what you want. Just copy all the header/footer
content from the Header and paste it into the First Page Header, then delete
the page number from the First Page Header.

Thanks for your help, Suzanne, but I'm still not there. *I can't seem
to select the info I want. *Maybe it's associated with the header/
footer, but not within them. *The items I need to copy are twin
vertical lines about 1" from the left edge, and line vertical line
numbering.

The numbers I can select (editable border box), but not copy.

The lines seem to be a graphic that replicates on each page.

OK, I've got it. I re-drew the lines. The text box for the numbers
wasn't "copy-able" at first, but an extra click made it so. I
guesss ... Anyway, thatnks so much.

Brooke
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you select the paragraph to which the lines and text box are anchored and
copy it, they should copy along with it.

http://word.mvps.org