Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
James Dobbins James Dobbins is offline

Default Home tab features blocked out. How do I restore them?

I was working in a Word 2007 document and suddenly, in the Home tab, the
features are grayed out and I cannot access them. Things like font controls
(Bold, underline, etc.) are suddenly unavailable. It is acting like a
template, but is not a template. It is a .docx file. How do I recover
access to the Home features? If i call up another document, I do not have
this problem. I must have mistakenly saved the document in a form that has
blocked access to the normal editing features, but I have no clue how I did
that, or how to undo whatever it was I did.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It seems as if you have applied some kind of document protection. On the
Developer tab, click Protect Document to show the Restrict Formatting and
Editing pane. Click Stop Protection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP