Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Miles Dave Miles is offline

Default How to extract raw text from columns

I have a word doc that the author created columns in and I need to get the
raw text. If I save it as txt the formatting gets messed up.

When I look at the page (or print it) I see somthing like:

Date: xx/xx/xx Name: Fred
Time: xx:xx Occupation: Tech Support

When I save as text, or select, copy & paste in notepad, I see something like:

Date: xx/xx/xx Name:
Time: xx:xx Occupation:
Fred
Tech Support

I have a lot more info on the page which makes it impossible for me to parse
it out. Is there a way to just remove the columns and preserve the same text
on the same line?

Thanks!