Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sheeba sheeba is offline

Default How do insert name automatically atop of each pg of doc?

Hello,
How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting
page numbers? My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I
have not been able to do so. This is a new program for me, Word 2007. I
have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because
for this.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Click on the Insert tab of the Ribbon and then in the Header and Footer
section, click on Header and make your choice from the options presented or
click on the Edit Header button to get a blank header pane in which to
insert the name in the format that you want it.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.