Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LConantiii LConantiii is offline

Default HOW TO DIGITIZE MY SIGNATURE IN WORD 2007 DOCUMENT

--
None right now
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

None right now

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LConantiii LConantiii is offline

--
None right now

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

None right now

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES THAT MEAN!!! I ALREADY SCANNED IT!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

If you already scanned it then insert the scanned image into your
document where you want it to appear.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message :

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES THAT MEAN!!! I ALREADY SCANNED IT!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LConantiii LConantiii is offline

Thank you very much for your reply. I.E. if I scanned my signature as a
jpeg image into a picture file I just insert it from that file?
--
None right now

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:

If you already scanned it then insert the scanned image into your
document where you want it to appear.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
http://www.officeforlawyers.com
Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q

"LConantiii" wrote in message :

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES THAT MEAN!!! I ALREADY SCANNED IT!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

I'm sorry - did you have some sort of response? Your posting looks
blank to me.

--

:

--
None right now

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:

If you already scanned it then insert the scanned image into your
document where you want it to appear.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
http://www.officeforlawyers.com
Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q

"LConantiii" wrote in message :

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES THAT MEAN!!! I ALREADY SCANNED IT!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic signatures. The
process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending invoices and time sheets. I
decided to just insert the sig image and then convert the fie to a PDF.

If you can't do that, you may want to look into using the Office signature
line.

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message
news

[...]

"LConantiii" wrote in
message :

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in
message

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES THAT MEAN!!! I ALREADY SCANNED IT!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What advantage do you feel you obtained from converting to PDF here? It
certainly won't prevent it from being copied. *Any* time you allow someone
to see your signature it is vulnerable to being digitized and reproduced.

PamC via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic
signatures. The process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending
invoices and time sheets. I decided to just insert the sig image and
then convert the fie to a PDF.

If you can't do that, you may want to look into using the Office
signature line.

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You either need a Tablet PC or a scanner to digitise your signature. There
really isn't any other way.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

None right now

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a scanner.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LConantiii" wrote in message

None right now

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES THAT MEAN!!! I ALREADY SCANNED IT!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So the message is to ALWAYS use a totally different signature in electronic
documents. Save your 'real' signature for your bank (who will probably give
it away anyway).

Terry Farrell

PamC via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic
signatures. The process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending
invoices and time sheets. I decided to just insert the sig image and
then convert the fie to a PDF.

If you can't do that, you may want to look into using the Office
signature line.

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The worrying thing about banks is that at least some of them are happy to
take faxed instructions where the provenance of the signature is dubious.

PamC via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic
signatures. The process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending
invoices and time sheets. I decided to just insert the sig image
and then convert the fie to a PDF.

If you can't do that, you may want to look into using the Office
signature line.

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LConantiii LConantiii is offline

THANK YOU PAM...I ALREADY KNEW HOW TO CREATE A DIGITAL SIGNATURE IN WORD 2003
AND IT WORKED FINE. WHAT I DID WITH WORD 2007 IS SCAN IT DIRECTLY INTO MS
WORD USING ABBY'S SCAN TO OFFICE WIZARD AS A JPEG IMAGE AND MADE THE SCANNING
MARQUE CROP AS CLOSE TO THE IMADE AS POSSIBLE. SAVED IT AS A JPEG FILE AND
VIOLA INSRTED IT AS A PICTURE.

I HAVE THE SECRET INSTRUCTIONS IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE ARTICLE.
I DON'T KNOW IF THEIR IS SOME WAY TO SEND IT AS AN ATTACHMENT IN THE GROUP
RESPONSE BOX...BUT IF ANY BODY KNWS HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT ASKING ME BY EMAIL
IT IS UP TO YOU AND I WILL SEND IT.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP...NOW I HAVE TO POST ANOTHER PROBLEM...LOUIS
--
None right now

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic signatures. The
process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending invoices and time sheets. I
decided to just insert the sig image and then convert the fie to a PDF.

If you can't do that, you may want to look into using the Office signature
line.

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The advantage of making it*less easy* for someone to pick up my sig image
and paste it onto a different document. And the advantage of making it
*harder* to alter what I sent. Because of who I'm sending the information to,
I am not so conecerned about absolute security here, just carelessness.

I am aware that most locks--of any kind--are inneffective against the
determined amateur and the professional thief and that just putting purses in
a flimsy-lock drawer, rather than setting them on the desk or floor, can cut
down on office petty thefts.

Cheers,
Pam

Graham Mayor wrote:
What advantage do you feel you obtained from converting to PDF here? It
certainly won't prevent it from being copied. *Any* time you allow someone
to see your signature it is vulnerable to being digitized and reproduced.

I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic
signatures. The process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You're wlecome. I also learned (after spending way too much time trying to
figure out how to make the background transparent) that changing the wrap to
behind text means the image won't cover up the line.

HTH,
Pam

LConantiii wrote:
THANK YOU PAM...I ALREADY KNEW HOW TO CREATE A DIGITAL SIGNATURE IN WORD 2003
AND IT WORKED FINE. WHAT I DID WITH WORD 2007 IS SCAN IT DIRECTLY INTO MS
WORD USING ABBY'S SCAN TO OFFICE WIZARD AS A JPEG IMAGE AND MADE THE SCANNING
MARQUE CROP AS CLOSE TO THE IMADE AS POSSIBLE. SAVED IT AS A JPEG FILE AND
VIOLA INSRTED IT AS A PICTURE.

I HAVE THE SECRET INSTRUCTIONS IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE ARTICLE.
I DON'T KNOW IF THEIR IS SOME WAY TO SEND IT AS AN ATTACHMENT IN THE GROUP
RESPONSE BOX...BUT IF ANY BODY KNWS HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT ASKING ME BY EMAIL
IT IS UP TO YOU AND I WILL SEND IT.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP...NOW I HAVE TO POST ANOTHER PROBLEM...LOUIS
I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic signatures. The
process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending invoices and time sheets. I

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

PamC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The problem is that the average user will not be interested in your
signature. It is the fraudster that you need to protect yourself from and it
will take all of 30 seconds to extract a signature from *any* document that
you allow the fraudster to see - whatever protection you put into place.