Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tutaetoko Tutaetoko is offline

Default page colour disappeared

Suddenly the black page color in all my Word7 files with a table on a black
page colour has disappeared in Print Layout view. The background is visible
in Full Screen Reading view and prints out OK. This happened literally over
night. Yesterday the files were normal. Today the pages are white instead of
black (and the white type invisible). I haven't altered anything that I know
of.

I can re-establish the page colour in Print Layout view by manually
selecting the page colour for each file.

Can anyone please point me to a Word Options setting that can fix this? Was
it an MS update that triggered this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Presuming you mean Word 12 and not Word 7 (which is 16 years old and never
printed background colours) try Print Options | Print background colours and
images.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Tutaetoko" wrote in message
Suddenly the black page color in all my Word7 files with a table on a
black
page colour has disappeared in Print Layout view. The background is
visible
in Full Screen Reading view and prints out OK. This happened literally
over
night. Yesterday the files were normal. Today the pages are white instead
of
black (and the white type invisible). I haven't altered anything that I
know
of.

I can re-establish the page colour in Print Layout view by manually
selecting the page colour for each file.

Can anyone please point me to a Word Options setting that can fix this?
Was
it an MS update that triggered this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tutaetoko Tutaetoko is offline

Yeah, I mean Word in Office 2007. "Print background colours and images" is
already selected. The page colour prints OK. The problem is that page colour
is not visible on the screen in "Print Layout" view. It is visible in "Full
Screen Reading" view.

This is the second "out-of-the-blue" chnage in Word that I've had. The
previous one (a month or so back) was in the appreance of Hyperlinks in Word
files. I fixed that by checking a setting in Word Options. . . . . .

I have have had a bitz of wierd issues with IE and Aero and Outlook these
last couple of days. Don't know if those are related.

"Tutaetoko" wrote in message
Suddenly the black page color in all my Word7 files with a table on a
black
page colour has disappeared in Print Layout view. The background is
visible
in Full Screen Reading view and prints out OK. This happened literally
over
night. Yesterday the files were normal. Today the pages are white instead
of
black (and the white type invisible). I haven't altered anything that I
know
of.

I can re-establish the page colour in Print Layout view by manually
selecting the page colour for each file.

Can anyone please point me to a Word Options setting that can fix this?
Was
it an MS update that triggered this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That is strange as normally it is that print option which controls both
whether Page Colour is printed and if it is seen in Print Preview. I suggest
that you delete the printer and then reinstall it.

Terry

"Tutaetoko" wrote in message
Suddenly the black page color in all my Word7 files with a table on a
black
page colour has disappeared in Print Layout view. The background is
visible
in Full Screen Reading view and prints out OK. This happened literally
over
night. Yesterday the files were normal. Today the pages are white
instead
of
black (and the white type invisible). I haven't altered anything that I
know
of.

I can re-establish the page colour in Print Layout view by manually
selecting the page colour for each file.

Can anyone please point me to a Word Options setting that can fix this?
Was
it an MS update that triggered this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tutaetoko Tutaetoko is offline

It sure is strange Terry.

I have several printers installed for the several LANs that I operate in and
selcting a different prnter it makes no difference to the screen appearance
of the document . The only thing that takes the documents back to their
original appearance is manually selecting the page colour for each file. I
can't figure how they universally switched from having a visible page colour
to not having one.

Steve (Tutaetoko)