Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
j lunis j lunis is offline

Default strange lines

Word 2000 / Vista Home Premium

Hope this is the proper ng.

Recently I have been seeing strange behavior in Word and I can't find an
answer to the problem (probably because I don't know what to call it).

1) Frequently, when I create a document and try to print it, Word
prints the document BUT the last line of text is incomplete. That is,
the top half of the words on the last line print but the bottom does
not. This only occurs on the last line of the page. How do I get the
whole (top and bottom) of words to print?
2) Here in the last couple of days I have begun getting a 'bonus' black
line at the bottom of a document page. It looks like it is in bold
type. If I delete it, it returns after I make a new line (underbar) and
hit ENTER. I have been using Word for years and have never seen this.
How do I stop the bold lines?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For (1), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm. For
(2), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"j lunis" wrote in message
Word 2000 / Vista Home Premium

Hope this is the proper ng.

Recently I have been seeing strange behavior in Word and I can't find an
answer to the problem (probably because I don't know what to call it).

1) Frequently, when I create a document and try to print it, Word prints
the document BUT the last line of text is incomplete. That is, the top
half of the words on the last line print but the bottom does not. This
only occurs on the last line of the page. How do I get the whole (top and
bottom) of words to print?
2) Here in the last couple of days I have begun getting a 'bonus' black
line at the bottom of a document page. It looks like it is in bold type.
If I delete it, it returns after I make a new line (underbar) and hit
ENTER. I have been using Word for years and have never seen this. How do
I stop the bold lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
j lunis j lunis is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
For (1), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm.
For (2), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm.

Thanks for the quick reply.
#2 worked perfectly.
#1 I'll have to wait until it happens again.
And, as a bonus, you gave me a handy place to look for advice.

Thanks again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help.

http://word.mvps.org

#2 worked perfectly.
#1 I'll have to wait until it happens again.