Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Knarley Knarley is offline

Default Word '03 cursor extreme top of new doc when opening, how change?

Recently when opening new Word documents, the cursor is displayed at the
extreme top of the page rather than roughly an inch below the top. My
margins are set to default (i.e., 1 inch top/bottom). Moreover, in print
preview, the cursor is displayed one inch below top. I have examined page
setup, views, and options; however, nothing that I have encountered restores
the cursor to the one-inch-below-top location.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Move your cursor up to the top of the page. When the cursor changes, click.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Knarley" wrote in message
Recently when opening new Word documents, the cursor is displayed at the
extreme top of the page rather than roughly an inch below the top. My
margins are set to default (i.e., 1 inch top/bottom). Moreover, in print
preview, the cursor is displayed one inch below top. I have examined page
setup, views, and options; however, nothing that I have encountered
restores
the cursor to the one-inch-below-top location.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
susan icebox susan icebox is offline

I am having the exact same problem. I hope someone will respond so that we
can get on with our lives!

--
Thanks for your help!

"Knarley" wrote:

Recently when opening new Word documents, the cursor is displayed at the
extreme top of the page rather than roughly an inch below the top. My
margins are set to default (i.e., 1 inch top/bottom). Moreover, in print
preview, the cursor is displayed one inch below top. I have examined page
setup, views, and options; however, nothing that I have encountered restores
the cursor to the one-inch-below-top location.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Move your cursor up to the top of the page. when it changes shape, click.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]