yourmate

Default if and vlookup in a nested formula

I need to insert a description using if and vlookup
worksheet call tax invoice, in cell a5 is a catalogue No.

in cell b5 I need to insert the description of that Catalogue number which
is in a named range in a worksheet called "product"

This is the formula i come up with but it does not work
=if(a5" ",vlookup(a5,product,2,false)," ")
Greg

Mate,

You might have more takers in an Excel newsgroup. AFAIK, Word doesn't
use worksheets.

Barb Reinhardt

Try this:
=IF(A5" ",VLOOKUP(A5,Sheet2!A2:H14,2,FALSE)," ")

Change the cell references to be what you need.

news