Don

Default Column Protection

I've created a table with 6 columns. I want to protect 4 of these columns.
How can I easily do this?

Thank you.
Doug Robbins

You cannot do it with a Word table unless you insert formfields in the cells
in the other columns and then protect the document for forms.
Alternatively, insert an Excel spreadsheet instead of a Word table and use
the protection capability of Excel.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Don" wrote in message
I've created a table with 6 columns. I want to protect 4 of these
columns.
How can I easily do this?

Thank you.

Klaus Linke

Hi Don,

Well, if you have Word2003, you could select all of the document except
those four columns (using Ctrl+Shift) and restrict editing to those selected
portions, using the "Protect document" task pane.

Greetings,
Klaus

"Don" wrote:
Thank you. Ugh!