Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Template Problem re Footer, Word 2000

I'd like to modify my normal.dot template so that any
documents prepared from it will show, in the footer, the
filename but not the path. I've tried various combinations
of:

Document: { FILENAME }
Document:{ FILENAME }
Document: {FILENAME}
etc.

and none of them work to show the filename I assign to a new
document based on the normal.dot template. What shows up on
the document is whatever I have shown above as one of the
combinations.

Insight appreciated.

Thanks.

--