Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jornie Jornie is offline

Default Spell Checker's English Dictionary vanished since Word'07

Since installing Word'07, the english dictionary used by OutLook Express has
been replaced by a French one. I think the old one was supplied via Word
'03. I tried going into OE options but only the french one is selectable.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jornie,

MS Outlook Express is part of the MS Internet Explorer product line rather than MS Office. The IE team chose not to update it to
use the newer Englishlanguage proofing tools from Office 2007. You can add 3rd party spellers. Folks have reported success with
these:

A. Vampirefo Spellchecker for Outlook Express:
http://geocities.com/vampirefo/

B. Tinyspell:
http://tinyspell.m6.net

You can also, if you have the prior Office version product CD available do a custom install and choose only the English language
proofing tools, however, you will then be prompted to install all updates to that version as the update process is based on the
purchased product rather than what features you do/don't choose to install.

===========
"Jornie" wrote in message ...
Since installing Word'07, the english dictionary used by OutLook Express has
been replaced by a French one. I think the old one was supplied via Word
'03. I tried going into OE options but only the french one is selectable.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poorfolk Poorfolk is offline

Why must a person who just purchased a new computer and had OE and then
installed the new Office 2007 have this kind of grief. You would think
Microsoft would correct their own mistakes.
Frank

"Jornie" wrote:

Since installing Word'07, the english dictionary used by OutLook Express has
been replaced by a French one. I think the old one was supplied via Word
'03. I tried going into OE options but only the french one is selectable.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pubscout pubscout is offline

Granted, it's a PITA, and hardly forward-thinking. But Bob's link above to
the free spellchecker is an instantaneous fix. I used the vampireof version,
and Bob's staus as an MVP made the choice easy. Hope it works for you.