CarolH

Default Text Wrap Not Working!

How can I get word wrap to work again. We had to have our system reloaded and
now word wrap does not work. When I am typing a document and get to the end
of a line the text will split and part will stay on the current line and
whatever text that doesn't fit goes to the next line. How can I turn word
wrap back on...Help!
Doug Robbins

From your description, that is the software is word wrapping in the normal
manner. What used to happen before?

Perhaps it might be easier for your to explain if you gave an example of the
before and after behaviour.

For future reference, there is almost no reason for reloading the software.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"CarolH" wrote in message
How can I get word wrap to work again. We had to have our system reloaded
and
now word wrap does not work. When I am typing a document and get to the
end
of a line the text will split and part will stay on the current line and
whatever text that doesn't fit goes to the next line. How can I turn word
wrap back on...Help!

CarolH

Before the system reload, Word was working fine. I've used it for 12 years.
Usually when you get to the end of a line and run out of room for a word, it
is moved to the next line. It now writes part of the word on the line and
whatever text doesn't fit moves to the next line. e.g.
lin

From your description, that is the software is word wrapping in the normal

"CarolH" wrote in message
How can I get word wrap to work again. We had to have our system reloaded
and
now word wrap does not work. When I am typing a document and get to the
end
of a line the text will split and part will stay on the current line and
whatever text that doesn't fit goes to the next line. How can I turn word
wrap back on...Help!

This is usually an indication of document corruption. If it's happening in
all new documents, it could be a symptom of corruption in Normal.dot. The
problem is that Word has come to view your font as a "symbol" or "pi" font
that can be broken anywhere. Of course, it could also be a problem with a
specific font, but in general it's more likely to be document corruption.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm