Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brothermichael brothermichael is offline

Default How do I add "quick open" links to bars at the top of Word 2007?

In earlier versions of Word I could add "quick access" links to specific
documents to the menu bar at the top of the window. Can I do this in Word
2007, and if so, how?

Thanks
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

brothermichael wrote:
In earlier versions of Word I could add "quick access" links to
specific documents to the menu bar at the top of the window. Can I do
this in Word 2007, and if so, how?

Thanks
Michael

Since there isn't any menu bar, you can't do that literally. Instead,
changes have been made to what used to be the File menu, now the Office
button menu.

When you click the Office button, the list of recent documents shows a
pushpin icon next to each file name. To keep a document on the list, click
its pushpin. Then that document won't be pushed off the list unless you
specifically unpin it.

In the Word Options dialog, in the Display section of the Advanced tab, you
can specify the maximum number of documents on the list. Where previous
versions allowed only 9, Word 2007 now allows up to 50. The first 9 have
shortcut keys, Alt+F,1 through Alt+F,9.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman