WendG

Default Word replaces --- with a solid line. How do I create more ?

I would like to have various solid lines (in text, between paragraphs). How
can I create these? Also, how can I turn off the autoformat feature which
makes a full line out of three ---, ___, or several other keys? Thank you.
Doug Robbins

To turn off the automatic feature, select AutoCorrect Options from the Tools
menu and then go to the AutoFormat As You Type tab and uncheck the box in
front of Border lines in the Apply as you type section of the dialog.

To create more borders, use the above feature or select Borders and Shading
from the Format menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"WendG" wrote in message
I would like to have various solid lines (in text, between paragraphs).
How
can I create these? Also, how can I turn off the autoformat feature which
makes a full line out of three ---, ___, or several other keys? Thank
you.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm for cause,
cure, and prevention (and more information on which character sequences
produce which borders). As Doug says, you can apply borders manually using
Format | Borders and Shading.