Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maccamumma

Default Duplicate printing of pages in a form

I have a template (Form) which users complete and a few of the forms within
the document are required to print three copies, the others only one. I am
not too familiar with coding (VBA), is this the only way to do this
automatically, if so, can someone help me with the code?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You can do it without vba if you add the extra pages to your form and insert
the data in them with ref fields See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Maccamumma wrote:
I have a template (Form) which users complete and a few of the forms
within the document are required to print three copies, the others
only one. I am not too familiar with coding (VBA), is this the only
way to do this automatically, if so, can someone help me with the
code?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Maccamumma,

If you're using a postscript printer, another way is to insert a Print
field, coded like:
{PRINT \p page "/#copies 3 def"}
on the page where you want start printing 3 copies, and:
{PRINT \p page "/#copies 1 def"}
on the page where you want to switch it back again.

If you insert these fields field anywhere on the body of the page concerned,
you'll get specified number of copies of that page and any subsequent pages.
Setting the number to 0 prevents the page from printing. This approach has
no effect on page numbering or TOCs, as the duplicate page doesn't exist in
the document itself.

NOTE: Setting the number of copies via the PRINT field overrides the number
that might be set via Word's print dialogue box.

Cheers

"Maccamumma" wrote in message
I have a template (Form) which users complete and a few of the forms

within
the document are required to print three copies, the others only one. I

am
not too familiar with coding (VBA), is this the only way to do this
automatically, if so, can someone help me with the code?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maccamumma

I have currently created the form duplicating certain pages thoughout the
form where required (linking fields using ref fields) but I would like to
only have one version of each page throughout the document (but when it
prints, it will print three copies of page 2, two copies of page 3, one copy
of page 4 etc). Is there another way to be able to print certain pages
multiple times? ie. I require three copies of a schedule to print and
currently have three copies in the form.

Maccamumma wrote:
I have a template (Form) which users complete and a few of the forms
within the document are required to print three copies, the others
only one. I am not too familiar with coding (VBA), is this the only
way to do this automatically, if so, can someone help me with the
code?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I suppose you could create a print macro that prints the required pages, but
the suggested method is the most foolproof. An alternative using PRINT
fields as suggested by Macropod will work if your printer understands PCL or
PostScript, though you would need to have control of what printers were
available for that to work.

adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
How can I add duplicate pages to the cookbook template? janet k Page Layout 0 February 4th 06 06:42 PM
Headers and footers printing different size on odd and even pages Colinhp Microsoft Word Help 4 January 19th 06 07:55 AM
Desired pages not printing getravel Microsoft Word Help 2 January 14th 06 09:21 AM
DRAFT watermark printing DAT on even pages, RF on odd pages? Traceroo Page Layout 1 October 5th 05 10:07 PM