Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roman Roman is offline

Default Hitting Enter, Tab, changes previous tab setting

I'm trying to type a legal document in "numbered outline" format (it has
headings, subheadings, sub-subheadings, etc.). When I am in a subheading and
I hit Enter, in addition to sending me to the next line, it will also often
change/screw up the tab settings of the line/subheading that I was just on.
Often, when I hit Tab, it will also change the tab setting of one or more
previous lines. In a numbered outline format, is there a way for me to hit
Enter or Tab without it changing the tab setting of any of my previous
content?