sweetsauce sweetsauce is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Mail Merge Formatting - Add years to a date

Hi all,
I have been doing lots of research and ending up empty handed with adding years to a merge date field. I have an Access Database that I need to merge to a Word Document. The problem isn't merging, it's the formatting I need done. We deal with children and we need to take their birthdate(i.e. December 19, 1997) in the database and merge it with the document and also calculate the year the child emancipates (18 years). So, the end result would be from December 19, 1997 to 12/19/2015. I have tried IF THEN statements, VB scripting, and mergefield switches and just can't get it to work. Thanks for all the help!!