DanK DanK is offline
Junior Member

Default Italicizing with Ctrl+I

I recently noticed that the "Ctrl+I" shortcut does not appear be working for me.

I am using Word 2010 and have not customized keyboard shortcuts. Checking the "Customize Keyboard", I see that both "Ctrl+I" and "Ctrl+Shift+I" are available to italicize text. "Ctrl+Shift+I" works, however, "Ctrl+I" does not.

I have also checked similar formatting shortcuts - "Ctrl+B", "Ctrl+Shift+B" for bolding, and "Ctrl+U", "Ctrl+Shift+U" to underline, and everything works as expected. So as far as I can tell it is only my Ctrl+I command that is acting irregularly.

I have also checked the same shortcuts in Excel and it appears that I am running into the same problem.

Can anyone think of what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did it accidentally get assigned to something else, or deleted?

Open Insert Symbol, select any character, click "Assign Shortcut,"
type Ctrl-I, and see what it says it's assigned to.

If you need to reassign it to Italic, the way I know of doing it is to
open Customize QAT ("More Commands" under the dropdown at its far
right), click Customize at the lower right, choose the command from
the lists that appear (Home Tab or All Commands), and enter Ctrl-I.

--
DanK