Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LGF

Default Problem with pasting an Excel Line graph into Word

I need to bring a line graph from Excel into Word. This graph has a header
which is made with a text box, shaded with gray and with a black line border.
To bring it into Word, I select the graph and I Paste-Special/Picture/Link
into Word. This method works well for tables and bar graphs, but for my line
graphs, something happens to the graph while going into Word. The text box
gets resized and overflows the "graph" area. I have tried pasting using
various methods (paste Xcel object, just regular paste, paste special not
linked, etc) and this seems to occur for all of these methods.

I work with Office 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TEdG?=,

Have you tried "Copy as Picture" in Excel before pasting as a picture into Word?
Hold SHIFT, then click the Edit menu and the command ought to appear.

I need to bring a line graph from Excel into Word. This graph has a header
which is made with a text box, shaded with gray and with a black line border.
To bring it into Word, I select the graph and I Paste-Special/Picture/Link
into Word. This method works well for tables and bar graphs, but for my line
graphs, something happens to the graph while going into Word. The text box
gets resized and overflows the "graph" area. I have tried pasting using
various methods (paste Xcel object, just regular paste, paste special not
linked, etc) and this seems to occur for all of these methods.

I work with Office 2002.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Line Spacing in Word Stephanie New Users 3 February 15th 06 09:17 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Difficulty pasting Excel data into Word table only in XP versions Digitonomy Tables 0 February 28th 05 12:33 AM