Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kent Kent is offline

Default Mail merge to email adress

I am using Excel and Word 2003 to do a merge. In the data I have a column
containing 2 email addresses separated by a semicolon, because I want the
document to go to the employee and their manager. I did this because there
does not appear to be a CC field in the merge to email window.

When I try to merge this document to email using the field that contains 2
email addresses I get an error that the recipients can not be found. In this
error message the two email Addresses are in Quotes like this ;
"

I believe the quotes are the problem, how do I fix this. My goal is to merge
and send the document to two people at once for each record in my data

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word does not have the ability to do this "out of the box", but it can be
done with a macro that makes use of the Outlook Object Model.

Most of what you need to do it is in the method in the article "Mail Merge
to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kent" wrote in message
I am using Excel and Word 2003 to do a merge. In the data I have a column
containing 2 email addresses separated by a semicolon, because I want the
document to go to the employee and their manager. I did this because there
does not appear to be a CC field in the merge to email window.

When I try to merge this document to email using the field that contains 2
email addresses I get an error that the recipients can not be found. In
this
error message the two email Addresses are in Quotes like this
;
"