lucie breadmore

Default Mail merge print query

In a standard letter we have to have 4 lines for the address some recipients
don't have all lines populated and i dont want to print blank lines of an
address in a mail merge, but can't work out how not to do this.
Graham Mayor

If there is nothing else on the line the line should be suppressed, but you
can force the issue with a conditional field to put the data field on a
separate line when it has content. In the following example there are two
data fields Add1 and Add2.

{Mergefield Add1}{IF {Mergefield Add2} "" "
{Mergefield Add2}"}

Thus when Add2 is not equal to nothing, a new paragraph is inserted and the
content of Add2, otherwise nothing is inserted.

lucie breadmore wrote:
In a standard letter we have to have 4 lines for the address some
recipients don't have all lines populated and i dont want to print
blank lines of an address in a mail merge, but can't work out how not
to do this.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bHVjaWUgYnJlYWRtb3Jl?=,

In a standard letter we have to have 4 lines for the address some recipients
don't have all lines populated and i dont want to print blank lines of an
address in a mail merge, but can't work out how not to do this.

1. Which version of Word is involved, here? In order to tell you where to find
the setting, we need this information.

2. Do I understand correctly: you want to suppress the blank lines (i.e. the
second or third line), so that the following lines move up?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)