Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karen110 karen110 is offline

Default How to create a blank page betfore chapter without page number

Hi, using Word 2003 I'm trying to figure out how to insert a blank page
before a new chapter so that each new chapter starts on the right hand page.
I already have my page numbers set up. I need the blank page to not contain a
page number but to be counted in the pagination.

In other words, a sequence such as: page 1, blank page with no number on
it, page 3, etc.

Thanks,
Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert an Odd Page section break (Insert | Break). Word will insert a
totally blank even page as needed. You will not see this page in Print
Layout view; you won't see it even in Print Preview unless you're displaying
facing pages (two pages with "Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins"
enabled), but it will be inserted when you print
(seehttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm).

"karen110" wrote in message
Hi, using Word 2003 I'm trying to figure out how to insert a blank page
before a new chapter so that each new chapter starts on the right hand
page.
I already have my page numbers set up. I need the blank page to not
contain a
page number but to be counted in the pagination.

In other words, a sequence such as: page 1, blank page with no number on
it, page 3, etc.

Thanks,
Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karen110 karen110 is offline

Thanks so much, Suzanne! I searched the Help files in Word and couldn't find
anything about this!

Best,
Karen