Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MO MO is offline

Default HOW DO I GET OCR SOFTWARE

I am trying to scan my cv into word. How do i get OCR software.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Nov 26, 2:19*pm, MO wrote:
I am trying to scan my cv into word. *How do i get OCR software.

It usually comes with the scanner.

There's also OCR built into Office, called "Document Imaging," inside
Office Tools inside Microsoft Office in All Programs in the Start
menu.

I don't know how well it works.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I've used it. It's better than retyping the document.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"grammatim" wrote in message
On Nov 26, 2:19 pm, MO wrote:
I am trying to scan my cv into word. How do i get OCR software.

It usually comes with the scanner.

There's also OCR built into Office, called "Document Imaging," inside
Office Tools inside Microsoft Office in All Programs in the Start
menu.

I don't know how well it works.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"You're likable enough, Hillary." That falls in the category of
"damning with faint praise."

"grammatim" wrote in message

On Nov 26, 2:19 pm, MO wrote:

I am trying to scan my cv into word. How do i get OCR software.

It usually comes with the scanner.

There's also OCR built into Office, called "Document Imaging," inside
Office Tools inside Microsoft Office in All Programs in the Start
menu.

I don't know how well it works.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

chuckle I had better results with the software that came with my scanner.
Last year I was given the task of taking a 200+ page tech manual and making
a digital version of it. I had *no* electronic files at all to work with. I
brought it home with me and scanned some of it in with my scanner and the
included OCR software. The rest I scanned in with the Toshiba copier we have
at work and saving it as a .tif file. My scanner, which cost considerably
less than the copier, did a better job. The copier was faster but I ended up
losing time in the proofing afterward.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]