Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kevgret kevgret is offline

Default mail Merge not recognizing all Excel merge fields

Hello:

I have recently upgrade to Word 2007 from 2003 and I have a mail merge set
up from word 2003 with excel 2003.

One of the reasons I upgraded from 2003 was the ability to get more columns
with excel 2007 (I think I can get 16,000 columns with excel 2007 as opposed
to something like 256 under excel 2003).

The problem is that when I go to word 2007 and try to select the merge field
from the linked excel spreadsheet 2007 Word 2007 only recognizes the old
columns and not any of the new columns I added past the old maximum of 256 or
so.

Can someone please help me so that Word 2007 can recognize all of my excel
2007 fields?

Thank-you

Kevin Greczyn