Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Noelle Noelle is offline

Default How do I KEEP 1st page header&delete header on following pages?

Hello, I'm trying to create a word doc that has my info (address/ #/ email)
as a header on the INITAL PAGE ONLY...don't want that info repeated in a
header on any of the following pages. I've tried deleting the info directly
from the 2nd, 3rd page headers, but obviously this erases the initial page
header as well. This is driving me CRAZY, does anyone know how to keep the
header on just the first page, or is that not an option?
THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Escout Escout is offline

I don't belive you have the option to only put a header on one page. The easy
fix to this problem, in my opinion is to do it manually. Depending on how you
want it to look, you can either type it straight across the top with
left-align, using tab and spacebar to place it, or use center or right align.
Another option is to use a text box, found in 07 under the 'Insert' tab, but
the problem with this is that there wil be a border around you text.

"Noelle" wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to create a word doc that has my info (address/ #/ email)
as a header on the INITAL PAGE ONLY...don't want that info repeated in a
header on any of the following pages. I've tried deleting the info directly
from the 2nd, 3rd page headers, but obviously this erases the initial page
header as well. This is driving me CRAZY, does anyone know how to keep the
header on just the first page, or is that not an option?
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You need to enable "Different first page" (File | Page Setup | Layout) then
put your header information in the First Page Header. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for more.

http://word.mvps.org

"Noelle" wrote in message
Hello, I'm trying to create a word doc that has my info (address/ #/
email)
as a header on the INITAL PAGE ONLY...don't want that info repeated in a
header on any of the following pages. I've tried deleting the info
directly
from the 2nd, 3rd page headers, but obviously this erases the initial page
header as well. This is driving me CRAZY, does anyone know how to keep the
header on just the first page, or is that not an option?
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

I assume you want to create a nice letterhead? Create your info on a new
blank page. Then highlight everything, cloose AutoText, New, Save as (new
name). Test it out by starting with a blank page, choose AutoText, AutoText,
then scroll down to your new letterhead, click Insert. Bingo!

"Noelle" wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to create a word doc that has my info (address/ #/ email)
as a header on the INITAL PAGE ONLY...don't want that info repeated in a
header on any of the following pages. I've tried deleting the info directly
from the 2nd, 3rd page headers, but obviously this erases the initial page
header as well. This is driving me CRAZY, does anyone know how to keep the
header on just the first page, or is that not an option?
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Loreta Loreta is offline

Thanks, Suzanne, this issue has been driving me nuts, as I have to create a
letterhead in Word and have it look similar to one that was created in
WordPerfect -- AND have it appear only on the first page.

Thanks, again.

Loreta