Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LubiQ LubiQ is offline

Default different size of pages in 1 document

Hello, how can I set the first page of the document to A4 size and other
pages of the same document to A5 size. I tried to use sections but it does
not seem to work that way. When I try to change the size of the first page,
size of every page will change.
Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure you have "This section" set under "Apply to" in Page Setup when
you change the paper size.

http://word.mvps.org

"LubiQ" wrote in message
Hello, how can I set the first page of the document to A4 size and other
pages of the same document to A5 size. I tried to use sections but it does
not seem to work that way. When I try to change the size of the first
page,
size of every page will change.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LubiQ LubiQ is offline

Thank you Suzanne, but it does not solve my problem. Maybe I haven't
described my problem clearly. I try to do so now.
I want to print 2 A5 pages on 1 A4 sheet so I choose paper size of A4 and
select "2 pages per sheet" in the Page Setup. No problem.
But what I'm unsuccessfuly trying to do is to print first page (also A4
size) with "Multiple pages per sheet" option set to "Normal". When i try to
change "Multiple pages per sheet" option to "Normal" and select "This
section" in "Apply to" for the first page it changes the "Multiple pagesper
sheet" for every other section to "2 pages per sheet" anyway. And vice-versa,
when I select "Normal" it changes "Multiple pages per sheet" to "Normal" even
for the sections that I want to print as 2 A5 pages on 1 A4 sheet.
Hope you understand and looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

"LubiQ" wrote in message
Hello, how can I set the first page of the document to A4 size and other
pages of the same document to A5 size. I tried to use sections but it does
not seem to work that way. When I try to change the size of the first
page,
size of every page will change.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LubiQ LubiQ is offline

I'm sorry but I confused my explanation. Here's the right one.
I want to print 2 A5 pages on 1 A4 sheet so I choose paper size of A4 and
select "2 pages per sheet" in the Page Setup. No problem.
But what I'm unsuccessfuly trying to do is to print first page (also A4
size) with "Multiple pages per sheet" option set to "Normal". When i try to
change "Multiple pages per sheet" option to "Normal" and select "This
section" in "Apply to" for the first page it changes the "Multiple pagesper
sheet" for every other section to "Normal" anyway. And vice-versa,
when I select "2 pages per sheet" for other sections it changes "Multiple
pages per sheet" to "2 pages per sheet" even for the first page.
Hope you understand and looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately for you, the "Pages per sheet" option must apply to the entire
document. You'll have to create your A4 page as a separate document.

http://word.mvps.org

"LubiQ" wrote in message
I'm sorry but I confused my explanation. Here's the right one.
I want to print 2 A5 pages on 1 A4 sheet so I choose paper size of A4 and
select "2 pages per sheet" in the Page Setup. No problem.
But what I'm unsuccessfuly trying to do is to print first page (also A4
size) with "Multiple pages per sheet" option set to "Normal". When i try
change "Multiple pages per sheet" option to "Normal" and select "This
section" in "Apply to" for the first page it changes the "Multiple
pagesper
sheet" for every other section to "Normal" anyway. And vice-versa,
when I select "2 pages per sheet" for other sections it changes "Multiple
pages per sheet" to "2 pages per sheet" even for the first page.
Hope you understand and looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

Printing a Large (size not pages) Word Document STLCRAZY8 Microsoft Word Help 3 October 28th 08 07:58 PM
Different size pages Gesy New Users 1 August 28th 08 11:41 AM
can i auto format my document from full page size to half size? Lisa Page Layout 1 March 28th 06 08:44 PM
during print preview legal size document cuts to letter size Jim Microsoft Word Help 0 April 19th 05 11:00 PM
Document size 50.7 MB- 36 pages how do we reduce the size. Word 20 Elfie New Users 5 December 7th 04 07:37 PM