Default finding special characters

Hi, NG!
Is there a way to search for let's say "^=" string in a document (or any
other string that contains the characters used to define the special
entities). I have tried to escape the characters ( [\^\=] \^= \^\=
....), to use the wildcards option, different error messages or no results at
all.
I'm using Word2002.

Thanks.

Pax