Kathy

Default How do I create multiple pages of mail merge listings

I have used "Create a wod mail merge with excel data" however I can only get
1 page of the document to convert into the mailing. What am I doing wrong?
Doug Robbins

You are not executing the mailmerge.

I assume that you are using Word XP or 2003 and would recommend that you
activate the Mailmerge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the View menu and
then check the Mailmerge item. On the right hand end of that toolbar, you
will find buttons that allow you to execute the merge to the various
destinations - New Document, Printer, Email

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have used "Create a wod mail merge with excel data" however I can only
get
1 page of the document to convert into the mailing. What am I doing wrong?

Peter Jamieson

Are you saying that your mail merge main document (e.g. your form letter)
has multiple pages, but you are only seeing copies of the first page, or
that your Excel spreadsheet has multiple pages and that only the first page
of data is generating merge output? Assuming the latter (as it is the only
thing that makes sense to me right now) do you mean that you have multiple
worksheets in your Excel workbook and that only the first sheet is merged?
If so,
a. yes, Word can only use one worksheet at a time as its data source
(unless you code some Word VBA)
b. your best bet short term is to create a new spreadsheet and copy all the
data from all the sheets you want to merge, and use that as the data source.
(Or copy the data somewhere else, such as an Access database or Word table)

If that isn't the problem, can you spell out exactly what is happening?

Peter Jamieson