Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jargopotter

Default Word 2003: Tools/Language/Set Language English (U.S.)

Under Tools/Language/Set Language I use English (U.S.) with the "Do not check
spelling or grammar" unselected. The normal template is also set this way.
When working on a Word doucment, I have often determined that parts of the
document may not reflect the Set Language standard I have chosen. Frequently,
if I do an Edit/Select All and check the Set Language, the English (U.S.) is
not darkened and the "Do not check spelling or grammar" is shaded, it is
neither selected or unselected. This is very frustrating as the result is
that my editing is not employing either spell check or grammar check. I can
do a Select All and re-set the Set Language, but for some reason this does
not resolve the probelm. Please note: I also use "Paste Special/Unformatted"
when cut and pasting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah_Lecturer

Please note that language is assigned to text and therefore, text which comes
from other sources whereby the dictionary has not been set as UK may change
to US or another language when opened.

Hope this "helps"