Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OCHIN Man

Default Can't adjust top and bottom margins in new documents

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

When I open a new document in Word, the top and bottom margins are set right
at the edge of the paper, as if there were no margins at all. I can't grab
them to adjust them (like you'd normally do in Print Layout View) and if I
adjust the settings on the Margins tab of Page Setup, it changes the size of
the document but the margins are still at the edges of the paper.

I tried adjusting Normal.dot but the margins are set properly there.

What is going on and how can I get new documents to start with normal margin
settings.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

It sounds as if your "white space" may be missing. See:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP