Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob K Bob K is offline

Default Cannot Open Word Document On a Web Page

MS Office Standard Edition 2003 SP 2.
Internet Explorer 7.0

Sometime during the last 6 months or so I have lost the ability to open a
Word Document on a web page. I only see a box with an X located in the upper
left hand corner.

1. Word functions ok otherwise.
2. Word opens doc files in email ok.
3. Ran Detect and Repair, problem still exists.

Any help?

Thanks
Bob Kester
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Bob

If this question is about all documents, then see the following:
How do I control how a Word document opens from the internet or an intranet?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/shar...enDocInIE.html

If this question is about one particular document, then see this:
How can I recover a corrupt document or template - and why did it become
corrupt?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm
Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Bob K" wrote in message
MS Office Standard Edition 2003 SP 2.
Internet Explorer 7.0

Sometime during the last 6 months or so I have lost the ability to open a
Word Document on a web page. I only see a box with an X located in the
upper
left hand corner.

1. Word functions ok otherwise.
2. Word opens doc files in email ok.
3. Ran Detect and Repair, problem still exists.

Any help?

Thanks
Bob Kester

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Hi BobK,

Our product Advanced Word Repair may help you. It is a powerful tool
that support to repair Microsoft Word 6.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003
documents. It can recover the text of your table formats from the
corrupt or damaged Microsoft Word documents.

You can get more detailed information about Advanced Word Repair by
visiting http://www.datanumen.com/awr/index.htm

And you can also download a free demo version at
http://www.datanumen.com/awr/awr.exe

Alan Chen
DataNumen, Inc. - World leader in data recovery technologies
Website: http://www.datanumen.com
Fax: +1-800-9917-FAX (US Toll-Free), +852-31829286 (HONG KONG)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jiri Khun Jiri Khun is offline

Hi,
we have the same problem. When I want to open some document - for example
from sharepoint, then the browser will close itself and nothing happens.
Do you have any idea?
JKH

"Alan" wrote:

Hi BobK,

Our product Advanced Word Repair may help you. It is a powerful tool
that support to repair Microsoft Word 6.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003
documents. It can recover the text of your table formats from the
corrupt or damaged Microsoft Word documents.

You can get more detailed information about Advanced Word Repair by
visiting http://www.datanumen.com/awr/index.htm

And you can also download a free demo version at
http://www.datanumen.com/awr/awr.exe

Alan Chen
DataNumen, Inc. - World leader in data recovery technologies
Website: http://www.datanumen.com
Fax: +1-800-9917-FAX (US Toll-Free), +852-31829286 (HONG KONG)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Jiri:

That's a configuration problem. Either the browser does not have Word
registered as a helper application, or the antivirus program is denying
requests by the browser to open files of type .doc.

I would run a Detect and Repair for Word, and if that doesn't bring it
right, run a detect and repair for Windows.

On 29/1/07 8:28 PM, in article
, "Jiri Khun"

"Alan" wrote:

Hi BobK,

Our product Advanced Word Repair may help you. It is a powerful tool
that support to repair Microsoft Word 6.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003
documents. It can recover the text of your table formats from the
corrupt or damaged Microsoft Word documents.

You can get more detailed information about Advanced Word Repair by
visiting
http://www.datanumen.com/awr/index.htm

And you can also download a free demo version at
http://www.datanumen.com/awr/awr.exe

Alan Chen
DataNumen, Inc. - World leader in data recovery technologies
Website: http://www.datanumen.com
Fax: +1-800-9917-FAX (US Toll-Free), +852-31829286 (HONG KONG)

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410