Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KHogwood-Thompson KHogwood-Thompson is offline

Default Multi-lined text boxes

Hi All,
Apologies if this seems like a silly question but it has been requested of me!

I have a userform with a mult-lined text box, when using the userform for
text entry to move down a line the user has to use the following key
combinations:

CTRL and ENTER

Is there a way of getting this to just be ENTER or RETURN without the need
for CTRL???
--
K Hogwood-Thompson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the VBA designer, select the text box, go to the Properties pane, and set
the EnterKeyBehavior property to True. Alternatively, in the
UserForm_Initialize procedure, include the line

TextBox1.EnterKeyBehavior = True

(Substitute the actual name of the text box for TextBox1.) To understand the
behavior, read the topic about EnterKeyBehavior in the VBA help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

KHogwood-Thompson wrote:
Hi All,
Apologies if this seems like a silly question but it has been
requested of me!

I have a userform with a mult-lined text box, when using the userform
for text entry to move down a line the user has to use the following
key combinations:

CTRL and ENTER

Is there a way of getting this to just be ENTER or RETURN without the
need for CTRL???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KHogwood-Thompson KHogwood-Thompson is offline

Many thanks Jay, that will satisfy the users!
--
K Hogwood-Thompson