Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics
RBear3 RBear3 is offline

Default URGENT URGENT - Textbox seems linked to drawing object.

I posted this almost 4 hours ago and have not gotten a response. I can't
work on this Word document until I correct this issue. I have opened and
closed the document. I have rebooted. No Luck! Every time I add a
textbox, Word grabs the text from one particular rectangle. If I delete
that rectangle and add a new one, same results! Word will not let me add
any new text boxes to my document without messing up an existing rectangle.
It is like Word is confused about which object I am editing.

Please give me some suggestions...

Okay, I have a "flowchart" that I built in my document by using rectangles
and arrows. I right-click the rectangle and select "add text". This worked
fine. No problem.

The next day, I opened my document and went to a different page halfway
through the document and tried to add a textbox by clicking the textbox icon
and selecting an area on the page. When I do, the text from the previously
mentioned box mysteriously populates in my new text box and disappears from
the previous rectangle. The rectangle (one of about 50 in my document)
seems to be somehow linked to any new text box I create.

Please help me to get rid of this link so I can go on adding objects in my
document without wiping out one that I created twenty pages back!

THANKS!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics
RBear3 RBear3 is offline

Well, I researched a bit further and found that the box was not linked to
anything. I discovered that if I added another textbox, the text would
default in with what was in the previously mentioned box. If I added ten or
more text boxes, they ALL had the same text. Changing one of them resulted
in the others changing as well. It was like Word thought all of them were
the same object.

This document STILL does this.

I created a new blank document and copied and pasted the entire "bad"
document in. The new one works just fine. I'm going to hold onto the old
one to play around with it, but I am wondering if it was simply corrupted in
some way.

Any help is certainly appreciated. But, I am able to at least get back to
work for the moment.

Sorry for the panic!!

--
Thanks!

RBear3
..

"RBear3" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.tables
Terry Terry is offline

I am usually pretty good at troubleshooting without the document, but this
one requres seeing the document itself to trial and error on it..lol..so, if
you are going to play with it, I would be interested to know why it was doing
it, and how you fixed it. If you wouldn't mind, that is. Thanks. Terry.

"RBear3" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.tables
RBear3 RBear3 is offline

Thanks Terry and Suzanne. It looks like this was probably corruption as
Susanne suggested. The new one is functioning fine. I do remember opening
the old one at one point yesterday and Word offered me a "recovered" file in
the left pane, so perhaps I shut down improperly at some point.

Thanks for the help!

RBear3
..

"RBear3" wrote in message
[...]

HELP! Textbox seems linked to drawing object. RBear3 Tables 1 August 2nd 07 01:44 PM
HELP! Textbox seems linked to drawing object. RBear3 Page Layout 1 August 2nd 07 01:44 PM
URGENT: Embedded (excel) Object in Word is corrupted rp2chil Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 06 08:03 PM
Urgent! Mona R. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 28th 06 03:36 PM
Insert Object - URGENT help required EasySite Microsoft Word Help 6 April 29th 06 11:30 AM