Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KF KF is offline

Default "Inline with text" objects don't draw inline with text.

I've got a doc (W2007) which has been created from a template.

Into the document I'm trying to add some objects (Visio, Excel, whatever -
same behaviour is seen), when I insert the object the very bottom left of the
object appears at the caret, the text to the right of the caret is moved to
the right, but only by the horizontal extent of the image: it is still on the
same line. This single line area where the text has been removed is the only
part of the object which is visible. The body of the image does not appear
but the bounding box indicates the size (as expected) over the top of all the
text above.

Setting (and resetting) the object properties through Position - In Line
with text, or via the Advance options in the Layout properties makes no
difference. The document option is set to insert objects in line.

This behaviour is not seen in documents generated by the standard template,
so it leads me to believe a problem with this particular template.

What am I missing?

Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:23:00 -0800, KF wrote:

[...]

Look at the paragraph formatting of the text where the object is inserted. It
sounds like the line spacing is set to an "Exact" measurement, which is tall
enough for the text but no more than that. If you're inserting objects that are
larger than text characters, the line spacing has to be set to "At Least" so it
can expand to accommodate the larger height.

That setting will be in the Normal style or whatever style is applied to the
body text. Right-click the style in the Quick Style group of the Home ribbon or
in the Style task pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) and choose Modify, then click the
Format button and select Paragraph.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KF KF is offline

Jay,

Perfect. That's exactly the problem (and the solution). Thanks very much for
your time.