Doxigrafix

Default Insert date/time missing hh:mm format in Word 2003

I found a problem in Word 2003. At least it is a major problem for me with my
journaling. I put the time in when I write. Well, this version of Word does
not have the plain old time, i.e. hour:minute AM or PM. It has
11:59:04 PM,
3/17/2005 11:59 PM,
and even 23:59
€¦ but not plain old 11:59 PM! To me that is a serious omission. Is there a
fix for this, possibly in the Service Pack?
Graham Mayor

No big deal - add the following macro to a toolbar button and/or assign a
keyboard shortcut to it:

Sub InsertTimeUpperCase()
With Selection
.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseStart
.InsertAfter Format(Time(), "hh:mm AM/PM")
.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseEnd
End With
End Sub

This will insert the time with a leading zero for the hour eg 07:16 AM
If you want to lose the leading zero, change "hh:mm AM/PM" to "h:mm AM/PM"

Doxigrafix wrote:
I found a problem in Word 2003. At least it is a major problem for me
with my journaling. I put the time in when I write. Well, this
version of Word does not have the plain old time, i.e. hour:minute AM
or PM. It has 11:59:04 PM,
3/17/2005 11:59 PM,
and even 23:59
. but not plain old 11:59 PM! To me that is a serious omission. Is
there a fix for this, possibly in the Service Pack?

Doxigrafix

Thank you very much for the help!
I may tattoo the URL for your site on my arm; there's a lot of information I
can use there.
Again, thank you!

Doxigrafix, Old and Starving graphic design person.