Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
davidepstein22 davidepstein22 is offline

Default Tracking changes - showing user names

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits. Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find the menu
option to enable this feature?
--
Thanks,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Konnie Konnie is offline

Dave, Sorry, can't help you, but I do have a related question. Although I
used to be able to see the name of the person who entered track changes using
the mouse-over technique, this no longer works. I can't find any option in
the customized settings that turns this off or on and the only thing that has
changed on my system is that I started using a new mouse (possibly about the
same time that this change occurred, though I can't be sure).

Any suggestions from anyone?

Konnie

"davidepstein22" wrote:

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits. Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find the menu
option to enable this feature?
--
Thanks,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can set the balloons set to show author/time/date via Tools | Options |
Track Changes, "include author, time stamp, and action buttons".

If this is already checked, but (as on my machine), the name is too long to
show fully--sorry, no other ideas.

On 12/12/06 6:47 AM, "davidepstein22" wrote:

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits. Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find the menu
option to enable this feature?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure Screen Tips is checked in Tools | Options | View. The mouse-over
comment is just a part of the many screentips in Word.

If that doesn't do it, be sure to state version of Word and OS and whether
ScreenTips are showing up elsewhere in Word.

"davidepstein22" wrote:

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits. Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find the menu
option to enable this feature?
--
Thanks,
Dave

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
MacWord Tips: http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill B Bill B is offline

I am using Word 2002. When I run the cursor over an insertion or deletion I
have made, the author (i.e., myself) shows up as "unknown." The "user
information" is complete in Tools-Options. Any suggestions?
--
Bill B

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

You can set the balloons set to show author/time/date via Tools | Options |
Track Changes, "include author, time stamp, and action buttons".

If this is already checked, but (as on my machine), the name is too long to
show fully--sorry, no other ideas.

On 12/12/06 6:47 AM, "davidepstein22" wrote:

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits. Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find the menu
option to enable this feature?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
MacWord Tips: http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have "Remove personal information..." checked on the Security tab of
Tools | Options?

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

You can set the balloons set to show author/time/date via Tools |

Options |
Track Changes, "include author, time stamp, and action buttons".

If this is already checked, but (as on my machine), the name is too long

show fully--sorry, no other ideas.

On 12/12/06 6:47 AM, "davidepstein22" wrote:

When tracking changes is enabled the balloons appear with the edits.

Is
there a way to show the name of the user who entered the edit in the

balloon,
without the need to mouse-over the balloon? If so, where can I find

the menu
option to enable this feature?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
MacWord Tips: http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/