Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mxridernrth mxridernrth is offline

Default How to change button images on the Quick Acess bar?

So I've added buttons on the "Quick Access" bar that map to my macros however
I can't change the button image and therefore can't tell what the button is
for! Until, that is, I wait for the tooltip to pop up. Am I missing a crucial
step? Argh!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:54:00 -0800, mxridernrth
wrote:

So I've added buttons on the "Quick Access" bar that map to my macros however
I can't change the button image and therefore can't tell what the button is
for! Until, that is, I wait for the tooltip to pop up. Am I missing a crucial
step? Argh!!

You aren't missing anything much. If you add a macro (specifically a
macro; this doesn't work for any built-in commands) through the
Customize dialog, you can select it on the right side of the dialog
and click the Modify button. That gives you a choice of the icons in
the popup -- but no others. As far as we can tell, there's no way to
add to that selection.

One alternative, if you have access to a copy of Word 2003, is
described at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. Another
alternative is to add your own group to one of the ribbons, as
described at http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php
and http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx/index.php.

--
Regards,