Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
johnny ireland

Default TEXT SHOWS AS SQUARES AND SYMBOLS

Sometimes when I open a document in Word the text is garbled and shows as
squares and symbols
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cardlaw

It is probably a document in another language, such as Chinese which
your computer does not support because the proper language pack is not
installed.

--
Cardlaw
Arlenill Arlenill is offline
Banned

Text shows as squares and symbols are used in different contexts. It is primarily used for websites or user interfaces but can be applied in other situations as well. Symbol fonts are usually created by picking from a list of pre-defined symbols huffpost.com/archive/ca/entry/to-pay-or-not-to-pay-someone-to-write-my-essay-for-me_b_14793970, but sometimes you can create your own custom symbols. In this article we will see some examples of text that shows up as squares or symbols using different methods and see how to visually customize them using CSS3 box model properties and font-size specifiers.