Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dschott dschott is offline

Default Roman pg. #ing; start pg. vxiii; Start At error btween 1 & 32767?

Attempting to set the footer page numbering using Roman numerals; starting
page count at vxiii. I receive an error message that says: "Start At must be
between 1 and 32767 for this format". As far as I recall, vxiii (18) falls
within this range.

How can I set my page numbering and not get this error message?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:29:03 -0700, dschott
wrote:

Attempting to set the footer page numbering using Roman numerals; starting
page count at vxiii. I receive an error message that says: "Start At must be
between 1 and 32767 for this format". As far as I recall, vxiii (18) falls
within this range.

How can I set my page numbering and not get this error message?

Enter the starting page number as the decimal value 18. Word can display roman
numerals, but it doesn't accept them as input.

Also, when you get the page number, it will be xviii and not vxiii.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

wrote:

Attempting to set the footer page numbering using Roman numerals; starting
page count at vxiii. I receive an error message that says: "Start At must be
between 1 and 32767 for this format". As far as I recall, vxiii (18) falls
within this range.

How can I set my page numbering and not get this error message?

Enter the starting page number as the decimal value 18. Word can display roman
numerals, but it doesn't accept them as input.

Also, when you get the page number, it will be xviii and not vxiii.

Hi Jay,

Actually, if you first set the Number Format type, you can enter Roman
numerals (i, ii, iii, etc), letters (A, B, C, etc.) etc.
But, as you noted, if you enter an invalid number like vxiii, it will not
work...

I guess it is easier to enter regular numbers and change the format after...