Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jlogco jlogco is offline

Default Mailmerge data with Word 2007

I have been using Excel and Word together for 3 years to create letters and
track those letters. The merge has been going off flawless until I upgraded
to Word 2007. Now I am losing most of the test from my largest memo field.
What used to merge several paragraphs now only gets three lines. I can go
back to my 2007 & 2008 versions and re-merge the forms with the data and have
no problem. I delete all the data and start over with the older files and the
same thing occurs with those forms. I am at a loss after all this time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try changing the method of connection to the data source by selecting the
Office button then click on Word Options, then on Advanced and scroll down
to the General section at the bottom of the dialog and check the box against
the "Confirm file format conversion on open" item.

Then when you attach the data source, try the DDE method of connection.

Even then, you will need to ensure that the first few records in your data
source contain more than 255 characters in the field(s) from which you are
losing data as Word interrogates the first records in the data source to
determine the type of data and if there are less that 255 characters in
those fields, they will be interpreted as Text fields for which there is a
limit of 255 characters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.