Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diand Diand is offline

Default Word 2003 table of content

I have created a workbook with a table of content. How do I bookmark the
chapters to the table of content page so that the page number shows up on the
table of content?
--
Diand
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diand" wrote in message
I have created a workbook with a table of content. How do I bookmark the
chapters to the table of content page so that the page number shows up on
the
table of content?
--
Diand

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diand Diand is offline

This is what I want to do:

To add a Bookmark host control to a document using the Bookmark dialog box
Select the data you want to include in the bookmark.

From in the Insert menu, select Bookmark.

In the Bookmark dialog box, type the name of the bookmark in the Bookmark
name box and click Add.

I cannot click ADD because it because grayed out. What can I do?

--
Diand

"Diand" wrote:

I have created a workbook with a table of content. How do I bookmark the
chapters to the table of content page so that the page number shows up on the
table of content?
--
Diand

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WhiteRat[_2_] WhiteRat[_2_] is offline

Perhaps you have included a space in the name of the bookmark? This is not
allowed for bookmark names.

"Diand" wrote in message
news
This is what I want to do:

To add a Bookmark host control to a document using the Bookmark dialog box
Select the data you want to include in the bookmark.

From in the Insert menu, select Bookmark.

"Diand" wrote:

I have created a workbook with a table of content. How do I bookmark the
chapters to the table of content page so that the page number shows up on
the
table of content?
--
Diand

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Also the Bookmark name must start with a letter and no other character, else
the Add button will not activate.
But I am confused, from your first posting you are wanting to do a Table of
Contents? If this so, you don't need Bookmarks, read the article that Stephan
attached and use the built-in functionality that Word uses so well.
Come back if these posting do not help and explain what you are trying to
accomplish.
All the best
DeanH

"Diand" wrote in message
news
This is what I want to do:

To add a Bookmark host control to a document using the Bookmark dialog box
Select the data you want to include in the bookmark.

From in the Insert menu, select Bookmark.

"Diand" wrote:

I have created a workbook with a table of content. How do I bookmark the
chapters to the table of content page so that the page number shows up on
the
table of content?
--
Diand

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diand Diand is offline

Do not be confused. I did created a TOC. My problem was I was leaving a
space in the title and therefore the Add button was not showing up. Thanks
for your help...but I figured it out.
--
Diand

"Diand" wrote in message
news
This is what I want to do:

To add a Bookmark host control to a document using the Bookmark dialog box
Select the data you want to include in the bookmark.

From in the Insert menu, select Bookmark.